X

Mortgage & Property

New Insurance Professional

Family Office Bulletin

Mortgage Property

Insurance Professional

Family Office

Aberdeen Asset Management Buys SVG Capital’s Stake In Joint Venture

Andrew McCaffery

Aberdeen Asset Management is to buy SVG Capital’s stake in their joint venture vehicle, Aberdeen SVG Private Equity Managers, for £29 million.

Back in May 2013, Aberdeen acquired a 50.1% stake in Aberdeen SVG Private Equity from SVG Capital with the option of acquiring the remaining 49.9% stake.

Aberdeen say the deal is part of their plan to consolidate and strengthen further its alternatives platform which provides multi-manager coverage of hedge funds, property and private equity allocations, infrastructure investments and Pan-Alternative capabilities.

It also confirmed that most of the existing Aberdeen SVG Private Equity team will be integrated into Aberdeen’s private equity team, which is led by Graham McDonald. The combined team of over 20 investment professionals will oversee total assets under management of £6bn.

Global Head of Alternatives at Aberdeen Asset Management Andrew McCaffery said: “The purchase of the minority stake is a natural progression for Aberdeen in establishing a truly global PE franchise as we look to build on the established foundations of our alternatives platform. Institutional investors are increasingly looking towards alternative asset classes, with access to private markets being a key element of diversifying their portfolios and enhancing returns.”

This Week’s Most Read

  • An interview with the pub landlord that barred Sir Keir Starmer

    Footage from today shows Sir Keir Starmer’s entourage man handling Rod Humphris, pub landlord for the Raven of Bath Public house. In this exclusive interview,

  • Sir Keir Starmer in pub brawl?

    Predictions of scuffles in pubs came true today, with a landlord being ejected from his own pub by interlopers. Sir Keir Starmer had been listening

  • Haatch SEIS fund oversubscribed within 2 weeks

    Haatch Ventures quietly launched their first SEIS Fund in March, with a target raise of £1.5m.  This figure was reached within 2 weeks, and the

  • Sir Keir Starmer, pubs and COVID – taking the piss, not taking a piss..

    We thought you weren’t allowed into pubs these days? Incredible scenes erupted today outside the Raven Pub in Bath, as Sir Keir Starmer was confronted

  • Why Government support means there has never been a better time for sustainability start-ups

    When Glasgow hosts the United Nations Climate Change Conference in November, it will be more than two years since the UK signed into law its

  • Staycation Boom Could be Taxing for Landlords

    Furnished holiday lets offer tax breaks, but owners need to tread carefully. Soaring demand for holiday lets as the UK plans for a ‘staycation summer’

  • New financial advice service from Vanguard aimed at retirement savers

    Designed for investors saving for retirement, Vanguard Personal Financial Planning launches on the award-winning Vanguard UK Personal Investor platform – vanguardinvestor.co.uk/financial-advice. The service offers personalised

  • MainStreet Partners: does the ‘S’ in ESG have ‘middle child’ syndrome?

    Long overlooked in favour of its more obvious counterparts, last year saw investors turn a corner and beckon in ‘an era of social impact investing’,

  • Creating a sustainable future – A special supplement in conjunction with M&G | April 2021

    M&G Investments are one of the early adopters of ESG (environmental, social and governance) and impact investing strategies within their funds. In this IFA Magazine

  • The Coming Decade for Climate Solutions

    Randeep Somel, Fund Manager, M&G Climate Solutions Fund, is finding reasons to be cheerful as he uncovers some of the powerful drivers of change which

IFA Magazine

Keep updated on the most important financial events 

Make sure you are an informed

wealth professional..

Adblock Blocker

We have detected that you are using

adblocking plugin in your browser. 

IFA Magazine