The CISI Financial Planning Gala Awards 2017 is open for entries.
The awards are part of the CISI Financial Planning Conference 2017 which is being held at the Celtic Manor Resort from 25 to 27 September 2017.
The awards, divided into five categories, are presented on Tuesday 26 September and recognise the outstanding achievement of individuals and firms across the UK financial planning profession.
Each award is independently assessed by a judging panel or an independent assessor, and the results are based on merit alone.
Head of Financial Planning at the Institute Campbell Edgar said: “These awards are one of the main highlights of our Financial Planning Conference and offer an excellent opportunity to showcase the dynamism, achievements and standards of excellence attained by all CISI members, including paraplanners, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professionals and Accredited Financial Planning Firm practitioners. We eagerly look forward to assessing these examples of best practice.”
The five award categories are:
- David Norton Award – Now open for applications. Closing date 31 July 2017. The award is open to all UK-based financial planning firms that have identified a number of areas for development of the business. The staff within the firm need not be members of the CISI.
- CFP Professional of the Year – Open for entries from 5 June 2017. Answer the case study and submit entries to FPawards@cisi.org by 31 July 2017. Entrants must be CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals who are currently practising within a UK-based financial planning firm. Interviews for short- listed candidates will take place between 5-14 September in London. The award will go to the CFPTM professional who can demonstrate the best combination of strong technical knowledge along with outstanding financial planning and communication skills.
- Paraplanner of the Year – Open for entries from 5 June 2017. Answer the case study and submit entries to FPawards@cisi.org by 31 July 2017. Entrants can be employed paraplanners as well as those working in a freelance or outsourced role, as long as they are currently practising in the UK. Interviews for short- listed candidates will take place between 5-14 September in London. The award takes account of the very broad range of skill levels and abilities paraplanners have, and ensures that all entrants have a good chance of success whatever their level of experience or knowledge.
- Accredited Financial Planning Firm™ of the Year – Open to CISI Accredited Financial Planning Firms for entries from 5 June 2017. Closing date 31 July 2017. Interviews for short- listed candidates will take place between 5-14 September in London. The award recognises the firm which has made the strongest impact on the financial planning profession over the last 12 months.
- The Tony Sellon Memorial Prize ‘Good Egg’ Award – Closing date 31 July 2017. Individuals are nominated by CISI members and the winner is decided by the CISI.
Entries for all the awards are to be submitted to FPawards@cisi.org by the submission deadline.
The awards are to be hosted by former BBC Journalist Penny Haslam (pictured above).