The 2016 CISI’s Financial Planning Gala Awards are now open for entries.
The awards recognise the outstanding achievement of individuals and firms across the UK financial planning profession. This year there will be eight individual awards. CISI state that each award is independently assessed by a judging panel, or an independent assessor, and the results are based on merit.
The Gala forms part of the CISI Financial Planning Conference 2016 at Celtic Manor Resort, from 3rd to the 5th October.
The award categories are:
- CFPTM Professional of the Year – Open for entries on 16 May 2016. Registration deadline 3 June 2016. Entrants must be CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals who are currently practising within a UK-based financial planning firm. The award will go to the CFP professional who can demonstrate the best combination of strong technical knowledge along with outstanding financial planning and communication skills.
- David Norton Award – Open for applications 3 May 2016. Closing date 3 June 2016. The award is open to all UK-based financial planning firms that have identified a number of areas for development of the business. The staff within the firm need not be members of the CISI.
- Paraplanner of the Year – Open for entries on 16 May 2016. Complete the online application form by 10 June 2016. Entrants can be employed paraplanners as well as those working in a freelance or outsourced role, as long as they are currently practicing in the UK. The award takes account of the very broad range of skill levels and abilities paraplanners have, and ensures that all entrants have a good chance of success whatever their level of experience or knowledge.
- Accredited Financial Planning Firm of the Year – Open to CISI AFPFTM members for entries on 16 May 2016. Registration closes 10 June. The award recognises the firm which has made the strongest impact on the financial planning profession over the last 12 months.
- The Tony Sellon Memorial Prize ‘Good Egg’ Award – Individuals are nominated by CISI members and the winner is decided by the CISI.
- Financial Planning Student of the year – Awarded to the highest scorer of the CFPTM certification case study as part of their Financial Services, Planning and Management degree with Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Exhibition Stand Awards for Innovation and Education – Voted by delegates at the CISI Financial Planning Annual Conference.
- The Jonathan Timms Memorial Prize – This award is given to the candidate who has the best result for the FPSB UK Diploma in Financial Planning to meet the CFPTM certification standards in the year.
CISI Head of Financial Planning Campbell Edgar MCSI said: “These awards are an opportunity for all CISI members, including paraplanners, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals and Accredited Financial Planning FirmTM practitioners to share their best practice and showcase their achievements, demonstrating the standards of excellence required to be financial planning professionals. I look forward to meeting the winners.”
Last year’s awards went to:
|Accredited Financial Planning Firm of the Year||Cooper Parry Wealth|
|CFPTM Professional of the Year||William Pratt, Director, Paradigm North Financial Planning|
|Branch Chairman of the year||Diane Weitz, Director, Ashlea Financial Planning – Chairman of the Cotswolds branch|
|David Norton Award||First Wealth|
|Tony Sellon Memorial Prize ‘Good Egg’ Award||Arthur Davie, Founder, Baigrie Davies|
|Jonathon Timms Memorial Prize||Keith Butten CFPTM, Associate Director, MDG|
|Paraplanner of the Year||Adam Wareing, Paraplanner, Clarion Wealth Planning|
|Financial Planning Student of the Year||Helen Sleigh|