We created the Octopus Ventures EIS Service to give investors the opportunity to invest in 10-15 earlystage businesses with high growth potential (each targeting 10x growth), handpicked and managed by our expert investment teams. The Octopus Ventures EIS Service could be suitable for those who want to target high growth from a long term investment, want to diversify their portfolio and those who want to directly own shares in exciting earlystage companies, providing they are comfortable with the risks of early stage investing. We believe that there are three stages to achieving capital growth from investments in early-stage businesses, which our specialist in house investment teams are experienced at delivering:
- Access to investment opportunities that have the potential to achieve high growth.
- Effective nurturing and support of a business as it matures.
- The ability to manage a successful exit.
For someone investing on their own, each of these stages would pose a challenge.
We are fortunate that through 20 years of investing in smaller companies, we have established a reputation that means many talented entrepreneurs approach us with their ideas when they are looking for a first investment into their business. We also have access to an exciting range of follow-on investment opportunities in smaller companies seeking additional funding for further expansion.
Key risks to keep in mind
- The value of an EIS investment, and any income from it, can fall as well as rise. Investors may not get back the full amount they invest.
- Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and may change in the future.
- Tax reliefs depend on the portfolio companies maintaining their EIS-qualifying status.
- The share price of EIS companies may be volatile and they may be hard to sell.
EIS investments are not suitable for everyone. We do not offer investment or tax advice. Issued by Octopus Investments Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office: 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT. Registered in England and Wales No. 03942880. We record telephone calls. Issued: November 2020. CAM010471.