Winner of Best EIS Investment Manager at 2021 EIS Association Awards and also Best Angel Group of the Year at the UK Business Angel Association 2021 Awards. Across 67 companies backed to date and 24 realisations, Par is demonstrating strong and consistent returns to investors.
Winner of Best EIS Investment Manager at the 2021 and 2022 EIS Association Awards and also Best Angel Group of the Year at the UK Business Angel Association 2021 Awards. Across 73 companies backed to date and 28 realisations, Par is demonstrating strong and consistent returns to investors.
Par Equity is a leading EIS fund manager, investing in innovative, high-growth technology businesses across the north of the UK. We harness the expertise and contacts of our Par Investor Network and wider contacts to create a distinctive, operationally focused investment model that benefits both investors and entrepreneurs.
The Fund is focused on innovative companies. These are companies that are developing new technologies for sale or using advances in technology to disrupt existing markets. Par Equity has invested in companies operating in areas such as enterprise software, health care and medical devices, energy and resources, food security, industrials and space, and lastly, digital, media and entertainment.
The unifying characteristic of Par Equity’s portfolio is therefore the importance of innovative technologies to the investment case underpinning each commitment of capital. In building the investment case, Par Equity not only draws on the skillset of the Investment Team, but also on the experience, expertise and contacts of individuals within the Par Investor Network, who also invest through the EIS Fund and alongside it. In this way, Par Equity can make informed decisions on a range of sectors, providing the potential for significant gains across a diverse number of growth-oriented companies.
Strategy for the Fund:
- Focused on early-stage technology companies across the North of the UK, with high quality management teams addressing global markets
- Co-investing with experienced angel investors who add value to portfolio companies at each stage through to exit
- Target portfolio of 7 – 8 investments
- Target deployment within 12 months
- Expected holding period of 5 – 7 years with a benchmark IRR of 15%
- Experience and track record of the Fund Manager: as at 31st December 2021
Experience and track record of the Fund Manager: as 30th September 2022:
- 10 members in the investment team, with over 100+ years’ experience in EIS combined.
- 37 operating partners on the boards of our portfolio
- 304 EIS qualifying investments
- 73 companies backed
- £137m invested by Par leveraging a further £232m from third parties.
- 6.7 months average time taken to full deployment into 8 companies
- 101 days on average for EIS3 certificates
- 28 realisations to date
- 3.2x money multiple (before tax relief)
- 24% IRR
- 5.1 years average holding period