Register now for the annual ‘SRI Services and Partners’ event, which takes place during Good Money Week each year.
Financial services professionals are invited to attend the upcoming, all-day SRI Services and Partners event, which is part of the UK Sustainable Investment and Financial Association’s (USIF) Good Money Week.
The event will take the form of a Zoom conference, running on 6 October from 10am – 5.45pm.
Mark Manning, of the FCA, is keynote speaker this year. In addition, the event will include several presentations and five panel sessions with representatives from a range of large fund managers (see below for full agenda).
The conference aims to provide financial professionals with a greater understanding of Environmental, Social Governance (ESG) funds and why issues surrounding sustainable and responsible investing matters to investors.
10- 10:25 Introduction
- Julia Dreblow to welcome guests and outline agenda
- UKSIF – introduction to UKSIF and Good Money Week Update
11:00 – 11.30
- Keynote speech by the FCA’s Mark Manning
11:30 – 11.40 Break
11.40 – 12.30 Fund Manager Panel 1
- Diversity, inclusion and equality. Why do ‘people issues’ matter to companies, investors – and beyond? What can we learn from recent events and what does ‘good’ look like?
12.35 – 1.15 Fund Manager Panel 2
- Biodiversity and supply chain management. How can investors ensure they are not effectively responsible for habitat destruction? How do investors manage supply chain issues?
13:15 -14:20- Lunch Break
- Pre-recorded interview with James Alexander, UKSIF CEO, and Professor Dasgupta, author of the government’s recent report into biodiversity loss.
14:20-15.00 – Fund Manager Panel 3
- Climate change – the facts. A discussion of recent international developments, why ‘net zero’ and +1.5-2 degrees matter and what we can expect from COP26.
15.00 – 15:40 – Fund Manager Panel 4
- Responding to the climate emergency. Are investors responding with the ‘necessary urgency’? What options are available to investors – large and small? What ‘escalation options’ are available? What do ‘good’ and ‘bad’ look like?
15:40-16.00 – Break
16.00-16:40 – Fund Manager Panel 5
- New ESG and Sustainability developments – what’s hot and what’s not? An exploration of new industry initiatives and developments aimed at addressing major ESG threats.
16.40 – 17.00 ‘An expert view on ‘What needs to happen’ in the investment world (and how to understand it when it does).’
17.00 – 17.45 Formal close and move to optional breakout room.