In this online web series for IFA Magazine, Legal & General highlights 5 key ways they are helping advisers support clients during today’s challenging economic and market conditions.
In the third instalment of this helpful series, Legal & General highlights how advisers can help ensure that clients are receiving the most suitable policy solutions, catered to their individual needs.
Affordable options for every client’s needs:
During such challenging market conditions, it is important that advisers pay particular attention to their clients’ protection needs and ensure they remain on track to deal with unforeseen events. As the UK feels the negative effects of the cost-of-living crisis, affordability has never been more important.
Legal & General offers a broad product range with products available exclusively for intermediaries – which are designed to be adapted to meet different clients’ needs. For example, with Legal & General’s Critical Illness Cover, the following options are available:
- Critical Illness Cover
- Critical Illness Extra – this covers a greater range of conditions, with additional pay-outs, for clients who are looking for another layer of protection.
- Children’s Critical Illness Cover (included as standard)
- Children’s Critical Illness Extra (for an extra cost).
In addition, Legal & General’s Income Protection the following options are available:
- Income Protection Benefit
- Low Start Income Protection
Then clients can choose one of the following to flex with their life:
- Increasing Income Protection Benefit and Increasing Low Start Income Protection
- Low cost option
- Stepped benefit
Find out more about Legal & General’s Income Protection here.
The choices above demonstrate how advisers can tailor protection policies to cater to different client needs.
As well as providing a broad product range, Legal & General’s Umbrella Benefits (their range of four added-value services and optional benefits) allows advisers to futureproof and adapt a policy to the client’s needs:
- Wellbeing Support (included as standard on personal protection policies).
This gives clients access to a registered RedArc nurse who can provide personalised health support whenever needed.
Nurses can support clients in various situations including:
- Long Covid
- Mental health challenges
- Money worries
- Recovery from illness (and much more).
Legal & General recognises that everybody’s needs are different, that’s why each support route can be tailored to the individual client.
- Rehabilitation Support Services (included as standard on income protection and rental income protection).
This policy gives clients access to Legal & General’s in-house team of specialist healthcare professionals – helping clients to recover and return to work more quickly.
- Private Diagnostics* (available at an additional cost of £4.50 a month with life insurance, critical illness, income protection and rental protection policies).
It gives clients quick access to some of the UK’s top specialist consultants and diagnostic test centres for oncology, cardiology, or neurosurgery referrals – ensuring peace of mind. For further information on Private Diagnostics, check out our previous article here, or find out more on Legal & General’s website.
- Fracture Cover* (protect clients, should they sustain one of the specified injuries, for an extra £5.90 a month).
Fracture cover protects clients from unexpected injuries, such as a car crash, a fall outdoors, or slipping on the stairs. This policy helps clients with the extra costs an injury can cause (i.e., childcare, travel costs, equipment for mobility, etc.)
Find out more about Legal & General’s Umbrella Benefits here.
Make sure you come back for the next instalment of this 5-part series and follow the links below to catch up on our previous two articles:
* See terms and conditions for what is/what is not included. Fracture Cover and Private Diagnostics are insured by AXIS Specialty Europe SE. The support and services are provided by Trustedoctor, a sister company of Further Underwriting International SLU.