Quilter Cheviot MPS launches two new strategies on platforms

by | Nov 21, 2023

Share this article

Quilter Cheviot has announced its Managed Portfolio Service has launched two new strategies on adviser platforms, available immediately.

The company is adding Cautious and Defensive portfolios to the range of strategies already available to clients, joining Conservative, Income, Balanced, Growth and Global Growth. The Cautious strategy has been previously available via Quilter Cheviot’s own custody, while Defensive will be an altogether new strategy available via custody or on platform.

Cautious invests predominantly in fixed-interest holdings, with approximately 20% held in equities. It aligns with Defaqto’s risk profile 2. The Defensive strategy on the other hand will hold about double that level of equities, around 40%, with the other 60% being made up of fixed interest and alternative investments. It aligns with Defaqto’s risk profile 4.


The strategies will have an annual management charge of 0.25% on platform, with weighted underlying fund costs of 0.22% (Cautious) and 0.37% (Defensive).

Managed by Simon Doherty and Antony Webb, Quilter Cheviot’s MPS utilises a ’Building Blocks’ structure. This is a range of funds designed and actively managed by Quilter Cheviot, exclusively for use within its MPS.

Each Building Block fund provides specific geographic or asset class exposure, and invests in a combination of direct equities, bonds or external fund holdings, providing clients with a solution that is more agile and lower cost than one with a traditional funds-based approach.


Simon Doherty, Head of Managed Portfolio Services at Quilter Cheviot, said: “Particularly in this market where fixed income and ‘safer’ assets are looking increasingly attractive and the economic picture is clouded, clients need and deserve the widest range of choice possible to help make their investment decisions. With managed portfolios becoming increasingly popular, it is important that existing and potential clients have the options most suited to their needs.

“We are really pleased to be bringing two new strategies to advised platforms, and in the case of Defensive introducing an entirely new option. This really helps us fill a gap in our range and provide a portfolio at appropriate levels of equity exposure. We are excited to work closely with advisers and their clients to offer a wide range of portfolios at what is an intriguing point in markets.”

Share this article

Related articles

Nucleus appoints Alexander Filshie as CFO 

Nucleus appoints Alexander Filshie as CFO 

Nucleus Financial Platforms Group one of the UK’s leading, independent, adviser platform groups, has appointed Alexander Filshie as Chief Financial Officer (CFO), subject to regulatory approval. He starts today taking over from Mike Regan who, as previously announced,...

Trending articles

IFA Talk logo

IFA Talk is our flagship podcast, designed to fit perfectly into your busy life, bringing the latest insight, analysis, news and interviews to you, wherever you are.

IFA Talk Podcast - listen to the latest episode